Ways to Donate
Like many ministries, TJM serves many people who have needs that the larger community can easily fill. Our organization is able to deliver a limited variety of materials to incarcerated men and women in Hamilton County, with the generous donations of community members. As well, we are able to train chaplains, clergy and worship teams through the monetary generosity of others. Because TJM is a 501(c)3 organization, your donation is tax deductible. After all, it all came from God. It all belongs to Him. We are simply the stewards.
Kroger Community Rewards
The easiest way you can help us is cost free. If you shop at Kroger, you can designate Transforming Jail Ministries as your preferred charity. Every time you shop, Kroger will give a percentage of your purchase to TJM.
Step-by-Step enrollment process:
- Go to the Kroger Community Rewards page.
- Sign-in (or create an account if you do not have one).
- You will need your Kroger card hand for this part of the process if you have not registered your card in the past.
- There will be a link to "My Account" in the upper right hand corner. Hover your cursor over the button and then select "My Account."
- Scroll down to "My Personal Information" and be sure you have provided your home address/mailing address, otherwise you will receive an error that the program is unavailable in your area.
- In the left column, there will be a link that reads "Community Rewards," click that link (if it is unavailable, once you have signed in you can click here).
- A list of organizations will appear in alphabetical order, but there will be a search engine above those names. You can find us by searching with our organization number: MQ158.
- Once you have found "Transforming Jail Ministries," click the button that says "enroll."
- Now, every time you shop you will also be supporting our ministry.
Securities and mutual funds that have increased in value and have been held for more than one year are assists that can be used when making a gift to Transforming Jail Ministries. Making a gift of securities or mutuals funds to us offers you the chance to support our work while realizing important benefits for yourself. When you donate appreciated securities or mutual funds you have held for more than one year to us in support of our mission, you can reduce or even eliminate federal capital gains takes on the transfer. You are also entitled to a federal income tax charitable deduction based on the fair market value of the securities at the time of the transfer.
When you donate securities to TJM, you receive the same income tax savings that you would if you wrote us a check, but with the added benefit of eliminating capital gains taxes on the transfer, which can be as high as 20 percent. Making a gift of securities to support our mission is as easy as instructing your broker to transfer the shares or, if you have the physical securities, hand delivering or mailing the certificates along with a stock power to us in separate envelopes. Finally, we would appreciate it if you would let us know of your donation. Please include your name and the name and number of shares of the stock you donated so we can acknowledge your donation and provide the appropriate tax information to you. For privacy reason we will not receive word of our donation directly from Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
How to Donate Stocks:
Shares may be transferred using the "Charitable Gift Transfer Letter of Authorization" available from your stock broker and transferred to:
Transforming Jail Ministries
C/O Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
4000 Smith Rd., Suite 1000
Cincinnati, Ohio 45209
Give securely online once, or setup a reoccurring payment by clicking here.
Give by Check or Money Order
You can mail your check or money order directly to us at:
Transforming Jail Ministries
P.O. Box 198070
Cincinnati, OH 45219
What Your Donation Provides:
- Bibles and Books - Anyone incarcerated who requests a Bible receives a copy of the complete Bible or New Testament. We are dependent on donors in order to provide these resources. We are also able to distribute other reading materials as they are available.
- Postage Stamps -- We encourage those incarcerated to maintain or resurrect a connection to family and loved ones by sending greeting cards for birthdays, holidays, Mother's Day and during illness. The cards are donated but require postage. This is not only a great way to serve those who are incarcerated, but also helps families cope with the incarceration of a loved one.
- Reading Glasses - For many, jail is the first time they have stopped in a quiet moment to read or reflect, whether on the Word or a book. We want to encourage that and provide both new and used reading glasses upon request.
- Cookies At Christmas - This program has been in place since 1995. Today, TJM provides cookies to roughly 1,800 incarcerated men and women and 300 Corrections Officers in the Hamilton County jail system. For more information about Cookies at Christmas, click here.
- Training - For all the Hamilton County facilities, TJM provides chaplains and worship teams. With your donations, we are able to increase this training and provide more resources to our incarcerated brothers and sisters.
We can do what we do because of your generosity.
Thank you for your contribution to Transforming Jail Ministries.